Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Professional Quality XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones

Future hath cometh, and with it the ability to give us a virtual second set of ears. Those extra ears will come in three comfortable models: Sport Headphone, Mobile with In-Line Mic, and Game Headphone. I’m kind of gobsmacked just thinking about the medical and architectural applications of this technology; it feels like too elegant of a device to merely use for the purpose of music or podcasts. But at any rate, we inch ever closer to The Future thanks to the technological genius of companies like AfterShokz.While Able Planet certainly doesn't have the name recognition of Bose, V-Moda, Beats by Dr. Dre, or Skull Candy, the company should. The Able Planet Clear Harmony NC1100B headphones are my new gold standard for comparison to any other headphones on the market.

The NC1100B headphones also did a surprising job in getting rid of hiss and background noise in a number of older recordings that are in my collection (a lot of my tunes are older recordings -- hey, I'm an older person!). When I listened to music with the V-Moda Crossfades after listening to the same tune with the Able Planet headphones, the music just sounded muddy with a surprising amount of hiss. The NC1100B headphones made everything sound much cleaner, crisper and more "real" than any other headphones I've ever used.I really, really wanted to like these headphones (this is my first pair of Dr. Dre anything). The cord is nice, it doesn't tangle that much and the extension cord is a plus. So here's the bad, I ride a motorcycle and I usually wear headphones and listen to music.

Most earphones don’t have the power to play music at the volume some music lovers like us prefer. The large high-efficiency drivers and magnetic technology have been custom engineered to play loud without distortion so you can hear every note. Beats Tour delivers power and clarity that reveals the emotion in your music. Over the ear headphones just don't work with helmets (at least mine didn't) It was easy to put on the helmet but removing it was the problem. Another thing I noticed while working out at the gym, the buttons on the control talk are so easy to press. They are a little too sensitive.

Control talk itself is good for iPod touch - you can play/pause and control volume. I can't comment on iphone as i don't own one. The price of these are the same as the ones without control talk so i figured, why not? I will add that I own a motorolla droid and while listening to pandora on it i hit a button on the control talk and it freaked out switching between play and pause repeatedly. Easy fix - just unplug and replug the original beats by dre diddybeats pink online - but it's still irritating that it bugs like that. I didn't mark the headphones down based on this simply because it was an extra feature that I was neutral about to begin with - i purchased them for the sound quality and nothing more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More